MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN 1 OF OVER 10 000 CHILDREN WITH DISABILITY'S LIFE.
BY SPONSORING A CUSTOM FITTED WHEELCHAIR THROUGH WHEELCHAIR WEDNESDAY.
Be part of this life changing campaign. Help sponsor a wheelchair. Download your 2017 Campaign Wheelchair sponsorship form HERE
- Involve business in making a difference by handing over wheelchairs to needy children with disabilities.
- Create awareness about issues related to access for persons with disability within the business environment of Polokwane.
- Have business at large assess and recommend changes regarding accessibility.
- Raise much needed funds for APD Limpopo Province
- Children with disability
- Adults with disability in your Community
- APD Limpopo Sevice delivery
- Anyone can sponsor a wheelchair
Top sportsmen and women
Entertainment and media celebrities
Campaign Launch – first week in June.
Wheelchair Awareness Challenges - every Wednesday in July
Wheelchair Handover function – last week in October.
Campaign Success Rate (2013 - 2015)
- 57 Wheelchairs donated
- 24 Companies involved
- Over 271 Lives changed with the wheelchair donations.
- 26 Awareness Challenges
Each R6 000.00 will secure 1 wheelchair.
Entry fee includes:
Wheelchair to hand over to a nominated beneficiary
Certificate of acknowledgment from beneficiary
Invitation to the handover function
Media coverage during the campaign
Section 18A IncomeTax receipt
Why sponsor a wheelchair for R 6 000.00 when I can buy one for cheaper?
- Costom fitted wheelchairs are better for a disabled persons posture,
- because each person is assesed by a trained Occupational Therapist for the correct needs.
- Wheelchairs are made specifically for the person according to their requirements.
- custom fitted wheelchairs come with extras like cushion and strappes`.
- Wheelshairs are more durable and suitable for rural areas when correctly fitted.
- Funds is raised to enable APD Limpopo deliver after services to beneficiaries.
Wheelchair Awareness Challenge - What is expected of the participants?
With the help of an assistant, spend four hours in a wheelchair.
Move within a prescribed area carrying out designated tasks e.g. make an ATM withdrawal
visit a Post Office, police station, supermarket or restaurant
use public transport, public ablutions etc.
Check out our other campaigns